Any website goes through a series of developmental stages. Mine do anyway, and there is no way to shortcut the natural growth and development that needs to take place before your site is ready to sell on Flippa.
This is the process I have started with my own sites that I am grooming for Flippa auctions. [click to continue…]
Do you think anyone would really be interested in buying your website? Would putting it onto Flippa just cost you the fees? These were my concerns until I bit the bullet and put one up for auction.
Flippa is a website marketplace. If you have a website to sell it allows you to meet potential buyers from around the world.
How do you know that your website will sell?
You can never actually know in advance, but here are a few pointers:
- Does it have a Google PR of 1 or better?
- Does it have an Alexa rank < 2 million?
- Does it make a profit?
- Is the domain name short(ish)?
- Is the concept in “fashion”?
- Is it at least a year old?
- Is there at least 100 article posts?
- Does it rank in Google™ for a good number of key words?
- Is the content unique?
The more of this wish list your site can meet the more people will be interested in it. [click to continue…]